Hi Cynthia,

> I am in the process of requesting 3x /48 of IPv6 PI for a customer, and what 
> confuses me is that the NCC requires way more justification for 3x /48 of PI 
> than for 2x /29 of PA.
> 
> I do think that saying something like net1 will be used in the Netherlands, 
> net2 in London, and net3 in New York should be enough. I mean after all, any 
> LIR can get 512K /48s and unlike ASNs, PI space does have a small fee 
> attached with it.
> 
> I can't think of a good reason why this is the case.

The policy says:

"""
The minimum size of the assignment is a /48. Organisations requesting a larger 
assignment (shorter prefix) must provide documentation justifying the need for 
additional subnets.

Additional assignments may also be made when the need is demonstrated and 
documented based on address usage, or because different routing requirements 
exist for additional assignments.
"""

Your case seems to fit the "different routing requirements" rule. I would ask 
the NCC why they think that rule doesn't apply. They may have a reason. Without 
further data I can't judge their decision.

> Once again to make it clear, if you are a member it is easier to get 1 
> million /48s than it is for a non member to get 3 /48s.

Aggregatable addresses are indeed strongly preferred :)

Cheers,
Sander

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Message signed with OpenPGP

Reply via email to