PI and PA are artificial names for the same thing. There is only one type of 
Global Unicast Addresses in IPv6.

As I already explained before, the same way the AGM created the end-user 
contract and the corresponding fee, they should be a new fee structure within 
the LIR contract, for those that have one of few /48s instead of /32 or /29, 
etc.

Regards,
Jordi
 
 

-----Mensaje original-----
De: address-policy-wg <[email protected]> en nombre de Kai 
'wusel' Siering <[email protected]>
Organización: Unseen University, Department of Magic Mails
Fecha: miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2018, 22:06
Para: <[email protected]>
Asunto: Re: [address-policy-wg] proposal to remove IPv6 PI

    Am 16.05.2018 um 14:52 schrieb JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via address-policy-wg:
    
    > […]
    > I believe we have several problems that my proposal is trying to fix.
    > […]
    > Thoughts?
    
    To put it in a nutshell, I think you throw out the baby with bath water 
here: you're not simply "merging the requirements for PI and PA in a single 
policy", you'd take away any means for a non-LIR to request non-PA IP space. 
Moreover, you intend to force any current IPv6 PI holder into either becoming 
an LIR (which amounts to a 28fold cost increase: 50 => 1400 EUR/year) or to 
abandon the PIv6 space they build there infrastructure on. I don't yet 
understand what's your agenda, but I'm deeply concerned.
    
    Anyway: I oppose this proposal. It would cause a lot harm for no obvious 
reason.
    -kai
    
    
    
    



**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.





Reply via email to