Moin,

am 16.05.2018 um 18:55 schrieb Sascha Luck [ml]:
> This removes the need for ISPs or hosters to be LIRs where they
> neither want to nor have the necessary skills or the time.
>
> The outcome would most likely be a lot fewer LIRs with a lot
> higher fees but they can of course recoup these via fees to their
> end users.

If there would be only v6, I'd agree, but given that v4 refuses to die,
IPv6 is a far lesser incentive to become an LIR compared to the /22
shot of IPv4. I don't expect the number of LIRs in the RIPE area to
come down for the next few years. When the past-last-/8 pool has
finally dried up, plus 2 years (holding time), well, yes, maybe.

>
> The only negative I can see is deaggregation of IPv6 space but I
> think that particular boat sailed a long time ago... 

I certainly feels that way.

Regards,
-kai



Reply via email to