On Sun, Jun 12, 2016, at 16:44, Jack wrote:
> But today, you fixed them, whatever they were (hardware ? network design
> ? you worked on this issue)

You just failed to mention the 2 most important:
 - management
 - money

Unless you manage to bring in money by using IPv6 and *NOT* IPv4, it
remains either a "submarine project" or an explicit NO-GO.
For me, I'm pretty happy to get to the point where I am : services
started "from scratch" during the last 3 years are IPv6 "active by
default" (unless the client decides to go IPv6-only). I may even get a
chance to go beyond the "one-man show" and convince the rest of the
operations-team to think IPv6 (en enforce it wherever possible).

But the problem remains with the money-making services, which is
basically "IPv4-based access" (a.k.a. no IPv4 = no money in). A state
where "no IPv6 = no money in" seems to be light-years away. If I want to
keep deploying IPv6 I *must* be effective enough so that it doesn't
"take up valuable work time" (read time spent on v4-ony stuff).

> So, the problem is gone by now.

???? (see above)
So yes, some people may have explicit no-go for IPv6 deployment.

--
Radu-Adrian FEURDEAN
fr.ccs

Reply via email to