Yuri,

I wouldn't have a difficulty with it :) ...   I dont see a reason why it
wouldnt work ... although you would want everyone who is filtering bogons
manually from their routers and the 240.0.0.0/4 has been considered a bogon
for quite some time...  so alot of people who do rudimentary prefix
filtering on their border routers would have to update to make that range
usable ...  I have heard arguments that some Operating systems have that
range filtered out  and is non configurable...

but I doubt the IPv6 adoption advocates ...  or the IPv4  Sellers would
like that idea too much as it would cause the price per ipv4 to
collapse...


I reckon this question has been asked before and I'm sure someone will
point us to that discussion before...

Hope this helps,



On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM, NTX NOC <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As we see ISPs and community would like to have more IPv4 space in use.
>
> I would like to ask a question what do people think about other side of
> IPv4 numeration space. Because we have in IPv4 a lot of addresses not in
> use at all but that space could be easy used.
>
> 240.0.0.0/4     Reserved (former Class E network)       RFC 1700
>
> it's 16 */8 networks. More then 256 Millions of routable and never used
> IPv4. 185/8 network has about 6.4M free and total RIPE has about 15M
> free IPv4 and we all say 185/8  will be enough for 2-3 years and rest -
> for some more time. But 256 M Ipv4 space could be enough for years!
>
> Space reserved for future Use. But will the future come to us or not?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv4
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1700
>
> Is far as I see routers could easy start to use that IP space. People
> spend a lot of time and money to get some IPs but not to ask IANA to
> allow use this space. Technically it's very easy to start use IPs from
> such ranges.
>
> What does community thinks about it?
>
> Yuri
>
>


-- 
Kindest regards,
Tom Smyth

Mobile: +353 87 6193172
---------------------------------
PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE YOU PRINT THIS E-MAIL
This email contains information which may be confidential or privileged.
The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or by electronic mail
immediately. Any opinions expressed are those of the author, not the
company's  .This email does not constitute either offer or acceptance of
any contractually binding agreement. Such offer or acceptance must be
communicated in
writing. You are requested to carry out your own virus check before opening
any attachment. Thomas Smyth accepts no liability for any loss or damage
which may be caused by malicious software or attachments.

Reply via email to