On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Jos� Mar�a Tirado wrote:

I work with Red hat 9.0 Version and a problem has appeared on my computer. I can�t start linux session normally because the OS is inmersed in an infinite loop trying load apparently the graphical mode. I updated the OS with CD installation software and the problem persists. A message appeared in my computer about information that I must send to [email protected] in relation wit the file /var/log/XFree86.0.log but I as I can�t restart de computer I have not acces to this file. I can�t restart linux with the boot diskette and I am afraid off missing all my work of one year by this problem.

How can I restart Linux in my computer without any damages in the saved files?

Use the RH9 CD to boot into rescue mode, then change your /etc/inittab to specify an initdefault of 3. Reboot without the CD, login and you'll be able to look at the log.


Marc.

+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  University of Alberta           +-----------------------------------+
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |
+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
XFree86 developer and VP.  ATI driver and X server internals.

Reply via email to