Hi Sudheer,

I'm not an expert on X.org (this is the XFree86 mailing list, but the two are 
similar), but my guess is that the second mode line:

> Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

is causing the machine to default to 1024x768.

Maybe try reversing the order of those lines?

Cheers!
Nik

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 00:37, Sudheer Divakaran wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using Fedora 3 with IceWM window manager. The screen section of my
> xorg.conf file is given below. My problem is I want to start XWindows in
> 800x600 as the 'default' resolution. Some applications doesn't fit in
> the screen in 800x600, in that case I want to switch to 1024x768
> resolution using CTRL + ALT + PLUS key combination. Is this possible?.
> Under the current setting it always starts at 1024x768 resolution.
>
> Thanks,
> Sudheer
>
>
> Section "Screen"
> Identifier "Screen0"
> Device "Videocard0"
> Monitor "Monitor0"
> DefaultDepth 24
> SubSection "Display"
> Viewport 0 0
> Depth 16
> Modes "800x600" "640x480"
> EndSubSection
> SubSection "Display"
> Viewport 0 0
> Depth 24
> Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
> EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[email protected]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to