It might be gdm.  I don't know much about gdm myself.  I suppose
there could also be some startup script doing it.  I don't run gdm
and when I start up twm on a dual-screen system it goes only
on one screen.  I have to manually start another one on the second
screen.

                        Mark.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Eugene B wrote:

> It by default opens on both screens and I so far can't find a setting to
> disable it. I believe gdm loads itself on any number of screens that
> installed under x-window server. I'll try to ask gnome people if you think
> this is not xorg setting.
> Thank you for your help,
> Eugene.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mark Vojkovich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 1:47 PM
> Subject: Re: [XFree86] GNOME loading on dual screen
>
>
> >   Maybe you want to ask the Gnome guys.  By default a window manager
> > would only run on one screen.  Gnome would have to be going out of it's
> > way to run on both.  Perhaps they've got an option to prevent that.
> >
> > Mark.
> >
> > On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Eugene B wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> I have dual screen and when load xserver on both screens I see gnome
> >> desctop. Is there any way not to load gnome on second screen and leave it
> >> empty? I need to send only images on it.
> >> Thank you for your help,
> >> Eugene.
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> XFree86 mailing list
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> >>
> > _______________________________________________
> > XFree86 mailing list
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
>
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to