Hi,

I am having a problem when I try to start X. I am running Mandrake 10 and KDE, and everything has been running OK until the few previous boots.

When I boot into Mandrake 10, it does not boot all the way into KDE as it used to. Instead, I get a blue background for 3 quadrants of the monitor and the bottom right quadrant is a command prompt. I am able to enter commands into the command prompt, but I am unable to start KDE from here.

I was even able to run Unreal Tournament from this command prompt and it worked fine, so I don't think it is a fundamental problem with my graphics card or monitor, etc.

When I try to start XFree86 from this command prompt, I get an error stating that "Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running".

My log file is attached.

Has anyone seen this issue and/or have any advice for its resolution?

Please reply directly to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as I haven't a chance to subscribe yet.

thanks!
Max
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
This can be found in the log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log".
Please report problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to