HI!
This is just to state that I have had the same pronlem for some
time, with Fedora and ATI video card, my submission to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] was on May 20, under the subject "Monitor has stuck
resolution". Any suggestions as a remedy would be welcome.
Bob Snider.
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Mikel wrote:
> Sorry guys. This one is either under my nose, or unique to me. My LCD monitor is
> not working properly. With new distros: Mandrake 10, Fedora, and Xandros (now
> installed) my GUI doesn't fit onto my monitor. It "bleeds over" the monitor. If I
> move the mouse (up, down, left or right) the missing portion slides into view. With
> the Xandros, at boot up there is an option for "Safe Video Mode", if I select this
> my resolution is correct, and full display is on the screen. However, the video
> rendering sucks. Also, in regular video mode, if I take the resolution down to
> 640X480 everything fits, but who can live with that?
>
> Specs of Monitor
>
> 17" LCD
> TPU Electronics (Fujian ?)
> Model # TFT1780
> Horizontal 30Khz-80Khz
> Vertical 55hz-75hz
> Can run at 1024X768 at 60, 70 or 75 refresh rate
>
> Please HELP!
>
> Mikel
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86