This should be an easy one for you guru’s.

 

I did a search for this problem before submitting an email, and found  http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg13904.html with a similar problem. So, I ran the sysinstall utility and did post installation settings and lowered then even turned off the system security settings, without any luck (even logged on as root/su). Is there another place I can alter security settings with a program or specific config file, maybe? Although, I think it may be a different problem at this point as I am under the impression that root would have the permissions to run X.

 

X was previously running with a default VGA driver and correct monitor settings, I finally got on the net and found more exact settings for the video card.

 

Here’s a link to the MB and imbedded video card Trident Blade 3D that I selected in xf86cfg utility  http://www.soyo.com.tw/products/proddesc.php?id=41

 

And here’s the systems video monitor http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/lgelectroni/goldstar1505s.html

 

PS I tried reverting back to the old settings that were being used when loading X previously, and received the same error.

Reply via email to