Probably a driver bug that has been fixed in newer versions of
XFree86 (yours is pretty old).  You can probably get a usable pointer
with your current server anyhow by adding:

  Option "SWCursor"

to the Section "Device" of the XF86Config file.  That will disable
the obviously broken hardware cursor support.

                        Mark.

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Alec Englebert wrote:

> Hello
> Total Linux newbie here, so plz be patient with me. If there is any info needed 
> aside from what I have listed plz let me know.
> I recently installed RedHat 7.0 along with XFree86.  Thus far, everything is working 
> and the mouse/pointer tracking and clicking are working great, however, instead of a 
> pointer, all I have is a big white block about 1" by 1" square.  Am I missing 
> something as far as configuring a pointer is concerned? Or is this a video card 
> issue?  Any hints on how to resolve this?  Remember, I'm very new to this so speak 
> slooowwwwllllly.
> I am using the following:  Ps/2 mouse, 3 buttons (seems to be working correctly), 
> i810 video card/chpset, and XFree86 4.0.1
> thanx
> zod
>
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to