On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

> I have Solaris 8 on sparc, and I want Xnest to run in a window, so I can
> open more CDE sessions on other Solaris machines.

> There is no binary distribution of Xnest available for the sparc version
> of sol8.  There is only the intel version that I can find.

> I have downloaded and compiled XF86 versions 4.0.2, 4.1.0, 4.2.0, and
> 4.3.0  (Have trouble compiling v4.4.0)

> But when the build is finished, there is no file called xnest or Xnest.

> Am I trying to compile the right package, or should I be trying
> something else?
>       (I downloaded these, extracted them all, and built according to
>       the instructions:)
>       X430src-1.tgz
>       X430src-2.tgz
>       X430src-3.tgz
>       X430src-4.tgz
>       X430src-5.tgz
>       X430src-6.tgz
>       X430src-7.tgz

Please read xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/doc/README.Solaris

Marc.

+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  University of Alberta           +-----------------------------------+
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |
+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
XFree86 developer and VP.  ATI driver and X server internals.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to