Hello all... I'm new to the list but figured I'd pass along some 
information that I found through a rather frustrating experience.  I have built 
a VGA-NTSC converter board (NOT a scan converter) for high-quality TV-Out on 
any card.  I discovered that the r128 driver does a very strange thing with 
XVideo on an interlaced monitor.  It doesn't draw the bottom half of of a video 
(played with MythTV or mplayer), but stretches the top to fill the screen.  
After much surfing around, I eventually tried the GATOS driver for the same 
card.  This does not have the problem.

        Relevent info it:
XFree86 4.3.0 (Latest RedHat9 update)
ATI Rage 128 16 MB AGP card
Any interlaced modeline (first discovered using [EMAIL PROTECTED] Hz Interlaced)

-Cory

-- 
*************************************************************************
* The prime directive of Linux:                                         *
*       - learn what you don't know,                                    *
*       - teach what you do.                                            *
*                                               (Just my 20 USm$)       *
*************************************************************************


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to