-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Hello,
on 12/16/03 00:34, Gabriel Bauman wrote: | If you are looking to toggle between the two, I810switch might be for | you. See http://vorlon.ces.cwru.edu/~ames/i810switch/. Should work with | all i810-based chipsets (your 855 included). I tried 'i810switch', but it's useful only to enable/disable the external CRT, as the internal LCD isn't supported for the Intel 855GM chipset yet. Anyway, the external CRT is correctly enabled by this tool in X or in console. Now the problem is that the shapes of any images in the CRT are not defined as if I'm watching through reading-glasses which aren't mine (I hope I explained myself...). The same happens to another Intel 855GM user (on a differnt laptop, a Fujitsu Lifebook S6120) who reported me this problem: | Question: have you been able to get output to both the lcd and the | external vga at the same time? When I use i810switch from Debian | unstable, i810switch crt on produces some output to the external vga, | but it is really flickery ...
I guess if this is a problem of the BIOS (my laptop is an ASUS M3N), of
the kernel driver ('i830' original from kernel 2.6.0) or something else.Has someone any clue about it?
Thx, bye, Gismo / Luca -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux) Comment: Using GnuPG with Debian - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
iD8DBQE/9+s+VAp7Xm10JmkRAmhcAJ45oY6sV5UMlIdHNJNAG6t4S3E30ACfQNgQ G2k4tmLLUhkQiQ25QzC7L8w= =nrSd -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

