On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Gregory Richards wrote:
> Does TinyX use a configuration file? It seems like no changes I make to any
> file actually effect TinyX . . .
No.
There is a newer version of tinyx/kdrive being developed at
freedesktop.org. You can also use the IRC channel #freedesktop on
irc.freenode.net.
Whether it will actually work better for you, I don't know. In any case,
kdrive is not really ready for end-users yet ;)
> Finally, is it possible to use a Wacom tablet in TinyX? I haven't even
> figured out where to configure it . . .
I don't know.
There has been some work on it, I think (and related stuff such as touch
screens). There are a couple of guys who are interested in this who
regularly pop up in the IRC channel.
-Peter
PS: To the obnoxious and not very polite "postmaster" who warned me that I
would get kicked off the mailing list for "trying to fork the
project": pointing out to users where the work and maintenance is
going on for a project that already has not as much forked but moved
(after the maintainer was kicked out of XFree86) is not what I would
call advocating a fork.
It is simply a matter of helping users (and potential developers?) as
much as possible.
PPS: Who was the most recent member to be kicked out of the core team? ;)
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86