On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, dave giffin wrote:
> I run presentations on an X server. The pointer, which
> isn't connected to anything(I don't have a mouse for
> it), sits in the middle of the screen. I have been
> able to use 'xsetroot' to make it transparent so it
> doesn't show.
>
> But some programs I use will change the pointer to an
> arrow when they are under the pointer. Then of course
> it shows.
>
> I know a little bit of python (don't know C), and have
> been able to use python-xlib to move the pointer
> around on the screen, but I can't move it off the
> screen.
> Python-xlib allows functions of the C Xlib library to
> be called from python.
>
> After looking through a large part of python-xlib's
> code that pertains to pointers, I don't think it is
> python-xlib that is preventing me from moving the
> pointer off the screen.
>
> Is there a way that I can get X to move the pointer
> off the screen or prevent programs from changing the
> pointer's cursor?
The pointer cannot be moved offscreen and you cannot
prevent apps from installing their own cursors. The
only way to ensure the cursor never shows is to hack
the X-server so all cursors are transparent.
Mark.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86