On 28 Jun 2003, [ISO-8859-1] St�phane Purnelle wrote:

> Ok, 
> 
> Here, my XFRee86.0.log.
> 
> Some remark : the vesa driver don't work and the lastest version of
> nvidia driver don't work too because I have the kernel 2.4.20.

   You still have NVIDIA's drivers installed and it's trying to
use the NVIDIA GLX module.  Remove NVIDIA's
  /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
so that it will use XFree86's.

  Also, NVIDIA's binary drivers will work with any 2.4 kernel, you
just need to build the NVIDIA kernel module yourself if there isn't
a precompiled one in the NVIDIA binary package.  That requires that
you have the correct kernel header files installed.  If you've
built and installed your kernel from source, you're guaranteed of
that.  If you haven't, I wouldn't trust your kernel header files
to be correct.  Kernel header files that match the kernel being
used are a requirement when building NVIDIA's kernel driver.


                        Mark.

> 
> 
> 
>                       St�phane
> 
> 
> 
> On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 00:03, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
> >    The "nv" driver that you are using doesn't support hardware
> > accelerated OpenGL (you have to use NVIDIA's binary drivers for
> > that), but it should work fine with software GLX support
> > that comes with XFree86.  We'd need to see the /var/log/XFree86.0.log
> > to determine why that isn't working.
> > 
> > 
> >                     Mark.
> > 
> > 
> > On 27 Jun 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Stphane Purnelle wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello,
> > > 
> > > I donwloaded binary version of your lastest version of XFree86 : 4.3.0.
> > > 
> > > The XFree wirk fine, but when I would like to start some softwares, I
> > > have the following messages : 
> > > 
> > > Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0"
> > > 
> > > Loki games or xdoom don't work ?
> > > 
> > > I attach my XF86Config.
> > > 
> > > Can anyone help me ?
> > > 
> > > 
> > >           Stphane Purnelle
> > > 
> > 
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> > XFree86 mailing list
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> 


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to