Hey everyone,

        I'm trying to configure my xdm to start two local X servers -
one local login, and one remote.  My Xservers file looks like:

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 vt7 -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp
:1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 vt8 -dpi 100 -query remotehost

I can't see why this shouldn't work - if I only configure xdm to do :0,
and I start :1 by hand from the console, everything works fine.

I *suspect* xdm freaks because two Xservers are simultaneously trying to
mess around with video hardware (the console goes crazy while xdm is
trying to start this configuation).  Is there a way I can stagger the
starts by a few extra seconds?  I've tried setting
DisplayManager._1.openDelay to something large like 100, thinking:
1) :0 and :1 will start, one will fail.
2) :0 will (perhaps retry and then) finish starting
3) :1 will try 100 seconds later and work fine
But the net result is that :1 is never started.

FWIW, this is Debian testing, SIS513, XF86 4.2.1.1, with the sis driver
and no fbcon.

-- 
Ross Vandegrift
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to