I have a problem with the DMC-touch screen driver. Almost everything is 
working fine except clicking a button. I think the reason is that XFree86 
doesn�t get a ButtonRelease event after releasing the button (touch screen).
I conclude this from the events that occur.

Example nr1:
If I push a button, the button keeps pushed-down until I push on another 
location. Normally with a mouse you push the left mouse button and if you 
don�t release the left mouse button, the button on the screen will be pushed 
down. If you release the left mouse button, 

Example nr2:
If I want to drag a window I push and hold the window and drag it over the 
screen. When I release the window (I stop pushing the touch screen) I can move 
the window by using a mouse without touching any buttons from the mouse.
I think XFree86 didn�t get a ButtonRelease event because it is still reacting 
like someone pushed and hold the left button to drag a window. Physically 
nobody is touching the buttons from the mouse or touching the touch screen.


Congiguration:
XFree86 4.3.0 glibc21

/etc/X11/XF86Config

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier      "touchscreen0"
Driver          "dmc"
Option  "Device"                "/dev/ttyS0"
Option  "MinX"          "74"
Option  "MaxX"          "990"
Option  "MinY"          "960"
Option  "MaxY"          "43"
Option  "ScreenNumber"  "0"
Option  "ReportingMode"         "Scaled"
Option  "ButtonNumber"  "1"
Option  "SendCoreEvents"
Option  "ClickMode"             "1"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"

# The Identifier line must be present
    Identifier  "Simple Layout"

# Each Screen line specifies a Screen section name, and optionally
# the relative position of other screens.  The four names after
# primary screen name are the screens to the top, bottom, left and right
# of the primary screen.  In this example, screen 2 is located to the
# right of screen 1.

    Screen "Screen 1"

# Each InputDevice line specifies an InputDevice section name and
# optionally some options to specify the way the device is to be
# used.  Those options include "CorePointer", "CoreKeyboard" and
# "SendCoreEvents".

    InputDevice "touchscreen0" "SendCoreEvents"
    InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"

EndSection


I appreciate any help on this subject

Marcel van der Veen
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to