Unfortunately this patch produces the same effect. (After patching, I
removed Sbus.o and re-ran make Everything.) xf86MapSbuMem still fails to
map the XLUT region of memory. But thank you boatloads for trying. if
you would like to me to try anything else, let me know (it's not
important and I will be trying to next release).

thanks again,
mike

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 16:50, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
> On 3 Jun 2003, Mike Russo wrote:
> 
> > This is a question for anyone who knows anything about the SPARC port
> > :-) I compiled and configured v4.3.0 under Solaris 8/gcc 3.2.2 for a
> > SS-20 with an SX/CG14 fb, but kept receiving AddScreen/ScreenInit failed
> > for driver 0.
> > This inspired me to put some debugging messages in
> > /usr/src/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/suncg14/cg14_driver.c
> > before all the places where it can "return FALSE".
> > Consequently, I found that it dies when it is trying
> > to map the XLUT region of memory:
> 
> > pCg14->xlut = xf86MapSbusMem (pCg14->psdp, CG14_XLUT_VOFF, 4096);
> 
> > then I check all the pointers and write a message using xf86DrvMsg():
> > if (!pCg14->fb) xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex,X_WARNING,"pCg14->fb null");
> > if (!pCg14->x32) xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex,X_WARNING,"pCg14->x32
> > null");
> > if (!pCg14->xlut) xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex,X_WARNING,"pCg14->xlut
> > null");
> 
> > In my output logfile, I see the message "xlut null" before the
> > inevitable failure. I have tried to get in contact with Dave Miller or
> > Jakub at RedHat, but they have not responded. Just throwing it out there
> > in case someone knows, because Sun's X server just blows. :-(
> 
> This looks like a page size issue.  Please try the attached (or update
> from CVS).
> 
> Thanks for reporting the problem.
> 
> Marc.
> 
> +----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
> |  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
> |  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
> |  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
> |  University of Alberta           +-----------------------------------+
> |  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
> |  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
> |  CANADA                          |                                   |
> +----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
> XFree86 Core Team member.  ATI driver and X server internals.
-- 
Mike Russo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ReadQ Systems, Inc.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to