try #2... to post
Hi - new to the list, but if you guys hang on the AE/vidpro/Imug lists
then you should know me.... anyways
I compiled KDE on my G4 500DP using Fink commander. all wentafter trying to compile window maker via the term, its complaining about missing libjepg which is installed, and the compile is dumping out for another error.
well, I also have windowmaker installed and running - after the fact I
find out I an supposed to ./configure with --enable-KDE added to the
command line, so I might start here again...
Apple X11 with window maker is stable, filmGimp runs ok, OO runs ok,
but when I start KDE, I get to the desktop, and maybe 30 secs later it
just quits. While its there its seems to work ok, I have menus, the mac
desktop icons, the taskbar. I am launching KDE from apple X11 b3
Xfree 4.2.1, GCC 3.1, should have everything else up to date as well
Xdarwin also quits now without bringing up the desktop or
windowmaker... it used to work, it flashes the screen once and goes away
so where do I start looking to fix this, and any sources of online docs
for this - I have looked, but haven't found anything about my issues.
my educated guess is that both are using a comon config file somewhere,
and are not happy about something.....
if you guys have any video/motion graphics questions you need
answered, go ahead...
Steve Oakley
Digital Illusionist - DP - Motion Graphics - Editing
"Sometimes time takes its own time"

