Hi,
I've got a slight problem with getting X to work with my setup. I have a
Matrox Millenium G450 with 32mb memory and a Iiyama Vision Master Pro 451. I've
used both RedHat 8.0 and Mandrake 9.0 and both give the same results. Basically
the setup can't do 1280x1024. It just squeaks and flashes. If I hit Ctrl-Alt-
minus/plus it will cycle through th escreen resolutions and eventually find one
that works but it is a large virtual screen that is much larger than the
monitor.
I've included the XF86Config file from the Mandrake box. On install everything
is detected perfectly. I've even tried swapping teh cables from the Win2K box.
The Win2K box runs perfectly with 1280x1024 so I'm sure it's not the monitor
(well, as sure as I can be :)
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Lee
<-- Start of XF86Config -->
# File generated by XFdrake.
# **********************************************************************
# Refer to the XF86Config man page for details about the format of
# this file.
# **********************************************************************
Section "Files"
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Mandrake 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
FontPath "unix/:-1"
EndSection
Section "ServerFlags"
#DontZap # disable <Crtl><Alt><BS> (server abort)
#DontZoom # disable <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> (resolution switching)
AllowMouseOpenFail # allows the server to start up even if the mouse doesn't work
EndSection
Section "Module"
Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension
Load "v4l" # Video for Linux
Load "extmod"
Load "type1"
Load "freetype"
Load "glx" # 3D layer
Load "dri" # direct rendering
EndSection
Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard1"
Driver "Keyboard"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
Option "XkbOptions" ""
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "monitor1"
VendorName "Plug'n Play"
ModelName "Iiyama A902MT, VisionMaster Pro 451"
HorizSync 30.0-115.0
VertRefresh 50.0-180.0
# Sony Vaio C1(X,XS,VE,VN)?
# 1024x480 @ 85.6 Hz, 48 kHz hsync
ModeLine "1024x480" 65.00 1024 1032 1176 1344 480 488 494 563 -hsync -vsync
# TV fullscreen mode or DVD fullscreen output.
# 768x576 @ 79 Hz, 50 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 50.00 768 832 846 1000 576 590 595 630
# 768x576 @ 100 Hz, 61.6 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 63.07 768 800 960 1024 576 578 590 616
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "device1"
VendorName "Matrox"
BoardName "Matrox Millennium G450 DualHead"
Driver "mga"
VideoRam 32768
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
Option "DPMS"
Option "AGPMode" "true"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
Identifier "screen1"
Device "device1"
Monitor "monitor1"
DefaultColorDepth 16
Subsection "Display"
Depth 8
Modes "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubsection
Subsection "Display"
Depth 15
Modes "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubsection
Subsection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubsection
Subsection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubsection
EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "layout1"
InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
Screen "screen1"
EndSection
<-- End of XF86Config -->
--
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] DOC #25 GLASS #136
You can never break the chain
There is never love without pain - Secret Touch, Rush
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86