On Son, 2003-03-09 at 19:53, St�phane HAEFFELI wrote:
> 
> Video Card:
> 
> ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R300 ND [Radeon 9700]

[...]

> 1) 
> First time X server is launch (automaticely at boot for me), I have not access 
> to the keyboard. I must restart the X server to reslove the problem (to do it, 
> I select the option of the X login client with the mouse).

One possibility is a mismatch between the VT the X server attaches to
and the one it displays on. If so, the line in the server log like

(--) using VT number 7

should show a different number than the one it's displaying on (is the
log you posted from when this problem occurs?). To solve this, you need
to make sure the X server starts after any other programs attaching to
VTs (usually gettys); a workaround is to explicitly pass the VT to use
to the X server, e.g. X vt7.


> 2)
> After the first start of the X server, I can't go back to text screen by 
> switching the current virtual terminal or closing X server. The switch is 
> made but I see only a blank screen on my 2 screen (I use a dual-head 
> configuration). But the operating system continue to work after I closed the 
> X server, I can restart the X server with a remote connexion (I use telnet to 
> do it) and it's work.

A fix for such problems with R300 chips was committed to CVS after
4.3.0, both to the trunk and the 4.3 branch.


-- 
Earthling Michel D�nzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member   /  CS student, Free Software enthusiast

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to