Regarding: A Feature I want.  Single logined user.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
------------------------------------------------------------
XFree86 Version: 

OS: 

Area: 

Server: Other, specify below

Description:

Just login and you will see the screen go though hell due to user changes.  Now I know 
there is a security risk. But I am looking at workstation no central sever just the 
hardrive.  No need for remote linking between Xserver and XClient.  Basicly A 
microsoft windows matchup.  How microsoft windows out runs the desktop is that they 
use direct links and no remote login option And overhead reduced because of it and 
users login in and out the screen remains under the control of a system user That 
hands it out to the login user.

Basicly I Have a few systems that will never be linked to a network and never need a 
font server or anything else to be remotely accessed so there is no need for most of 
the port that the Xserver links to.

Just another option for users as most desktop users today don't need the server 
functions of mult user logined at the same time.

Peter Dolding

Repeat By:



_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to