Hi Ali, I have the same problem you have. I'm trying to make Intel 845 work with Linux. Unfortunately Linux is not easy as I thought it would be coming from a Windows background. Hopefully the convenience level of Linux will catch up with Windows in a few years so anybody can use Linux. But for now we have to go through the hassles.
You have to install the latest CVS snapshot of XFree86. Here are RPMs for it in Red Hat Rawhide: ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/ You have to download the XFree86 RPMs. I don't know which ones to install on Red Hat 8.0. I didn't do it yet either. Does anybody know if the XFree86 RPMs in the Red Hat rawhid will work with Red Hat 8.0? Which RPMs should I install? Hope this helps. Thanks, Mete --- Ali Asgar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > hai, > i m having intel 845glad mothereboard with > integrated sound and > graphics drivers. i have installed red hat linux > 8.0. > > it works very slow in graphical mode. also its not > detecting my > sound card. i m using linux in text mode. please > help me out. > > if its the problem of drivers then please tell me > from where i can > download the required drivers. > > _______________________________________________ > XFree86 mailing list > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86 _______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

