Hm, where have I seen this before...?


(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
(II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.4191
Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1


This is a library for NVIDIA cards, and it is compiled for an ancient version of XFree86.

Thomas


[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I downloaded and installed EVERYTHING from the new 4.2.99.3 version of XFree and still I can't find one driver that works! I been trying to get this to work forever now and my brain is about done. I got the Mandrake 9.0 Free version of Linux, it works just fine except all I get is the nice prompt because without the drivers XFree does nothing but make the screen flash during startup. As far as I can tell I have an SiS 650 and the latest driver is for 630 (My computer is a Sony Viao PCV RX850 P4A 2.4Ghz 512MB of ram and says it has a 533MHz FSB/32MB 256-bit 3D Graphics Accelerator card and an 80 GB HD if any of that helps in any way.). After spending countless hours stareing at a blinking comand line cursor and emacs I'd appreciate any help from anybody that might have anything to releave my headache. And I will include my latest log for anybody who cares to take some time to help me solve this annoyance. If anybody helps me I would be eternally greatful because I HATE WINDOWS and if I use it much longer my IQ will go through the floor and drown in a puddle in the basement!

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]            http://www.winischhofer.net/



_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to