On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Lincoln Ramsay wrote:

> I am trying to get a Matrox Millenium 1 card to put into an old PC so I
> can power an old fixed frequency monitor. I have a 3-BNC cable that I
> can use but which requires SyncOnGreen. The 4.2.0 "mga" man page[1]
> suggests that SyncOnGreen will work but Matrox's documentation for the
> Millenium states that it is a separate sync only card. Actually, all the
> "supported" Matrox cards seem to be separate sync only according to
> Matrox. Perhaps it's a driver thing...
> 
> So does anyone know if a Matrox Millenium 1 under XFree86 4.2.0 (or any
> version) supports SyncOnGreen?

The TVP3026 RAMdac on the Matrox Millenium 1 supports sync-on-green,
and code to support it has been in the driver for many years.

There was a time when sync-on-green was broken in the mga driver,
for some cards (I don't remember which) so it might be worth trying
a different version if the first one fails.

I can't find the manual which came with my card to confirm that
Matrox supported sync-on-green on the Millennium, and I've never
connected mine  up to a sync-on-green monitor to confirm it,
but IIRC I got a mono signal on a TV by connecting the green output 
directly to the composite-video in on a SCART socket, and enabling 
sync-on-green.

-- 
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to