Congratulations! Good luck!

--
Steven Otte
[email protected]
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Michael King 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 7:18 AM
  Subject: [EMMY] Yippie!!!


  I just got official word that I've been nominated in three different 
categories for Emmy Award this year!

  The Southeast Regional Emmy noms were just announced; I had several pieces of 
work submitted this year, and I ended up with noms for our team coverage of 
last September's floods (we had some REALLY monumental rains -- like 
500-year-rains -- in September, behind a three-year drought, and we were on the 
air non-stop for more than 24 hours with wall-to-wall coverage; I ran a live 
chat on air and online for more than 12 hours straight, with about 5,000 people 
on board); our continuing coverage of tracking stimulus dollars (our tracking 
site is still online and keeps getting traction); and the one I'm most proud 
of, our on-air/online coverage of a soldier in Iraq who was going to miss his 
sons (triplets) graduation from high school. We actually wired up the 
graduation, found the soldier and sat him down at the NBC bureau in Baghdad, 
and live-streamed the graduation on the Web.

  The only down-side to all of this is that I'm going to be back home the 
weekend the winners are handed out (6/26), taking care of my brother while my 
parents are taking their first vacation since he had his stroke... LOL... 

  Irony of ironies, when I won my first one, I was out of pocket as well. Go 
figure...

  After more than a few weeks of headaches and heartaches, I think I kind of 
deserve this one... 

  M
  (Yippie!!! I'm doing my "happy dance" around the room right about now...)

  -- 
  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"World News Now Discussion List" group.
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
  For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/wnndl?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"World News Now Discussion List" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/wnndl?hl=en.

Reply via email to