On 10/12/2009 10:36 PM, James McKenzie wrote:
Nikolay Sivov wrote:
James McKenzie wrote:
Nikolay Sivov wrote:

James McKenzie wrote:

Nikolay Sivov wrote:


chris ahrendt wrote:

[/home/cahrendt/wine-git/dlls/kernel32/resource.c:1279]: (error)
Division by zero

False positive I suppose:

---
    static const BYTE pad[] = {

'P','A','D','D','I','N','G','X','X','P','A','D','D','I','N','G' };
    DWORD i;

->     for ( i = 0; i<  size / sizeof pad; i++ )
---

Should pad be enclosed in parenthesis?

James McKenzie

No, why?



I was thinking that c specifies sizeof needs the parameter to be
enclosed in parathesis like this sizeof (pad) but I may be incorrect.

James McKenzie

This is for type names, variables could be used without enclosing.


Thank you for the clarification on the use of sizeof.
sizeof is not a function but an operator. Thus the same rules apply to it as to other operators. People just like to write sizeof as a function.

bye
        michael


Reply via email to