kumaresan c wrote:
I have a program that accesses Mssql 2000 database from Windows 2003 server. Now I need to run this program in Linux.
    I setup wine, mdac28 etc.
    I can install the program with one error:
             ODBC's SQLRemoveDriverManager Failed.

    I can also create a system DSN in Linux using odbcad32.exe under wine.

    But when I run the program the following error occurs:
         Specifed SQL Server not found.

    The code I used is:
Db.open "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True; User ID=sa; Initial Catalog=ForLinuxTest;Data Source=WINSERVER.VISUALWIN.
TESTDOMAIN; Password=kumaresan"

If I modify this code to use DSN, It looks for a unixODBC DSN instead of wine DSN.

    What should I do?

    Help me if you can...............


---Kumaresan.
There's no need to always setup DSN names. I remember that it works with directly provided connection string to oledb provider. Your connection doesn't contain DSN as I see. The main question here - does oledb provider work?



Reply via email to