It's just been pointed out to me that THIS list is hosted by the
Foundation. Which I hadn't noticed...

So to be clear; *this mailing list will be unaffected by this change.*

Feel free to use it on Sunday without fear!

Sorry for any confusion :S

Tom


On 18 January 2013 15:37, Thomas Morton <[email protected]>wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> As you may have noted, I am one of the two consultants WMUK took on to
> manage their technical infrastructure. Over the last few months myself and
> Emmanuel have been busy migrating to a new set of servers (see the
> progress & details <http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/IT_Development>).
>
> This weekend will be one of the final stages in the migration; moving
> email and mailing lists to the new server.
>
> If you have an @wikimedia.org.uk email address you may not be able to
> access it for brief periods on Sunday the 20th. From Monday service will be
> fully restored using the same details you have previously used.
>
> * If you have email redirected to a third party/ personal account then
> nothing will change, you may receive one or two duplicate emails
> * If you use the WMUK webmail interface; the URL you use will not change,
> however the client has been upgraded (hopefully you prefer it!) and will
> look different. Your login details will not change. An additional webmail
> option may be deployed in the coming weeks if there is demand.
> * If you connect to email using POP3 or IMAP (e.g. via your phone or
> desktop email client) these details will not change, although you may have
> periods of not receiving mail on Sunday.
>
> No email will be lost during this transition, though it may take a couple
> of hours to synchronize the two servers.
>
> At the same time I will also be migrating the Mailing lists - including
> this one. Warning will be sent to this list an hour or so before the
> migration begins. On Sunday you may experience periods of outage, or emails
> that disappear never to reappear :)
>
> *I recommend that you do not use the mailing list on Sunday.*
> *
> *
> I am sorry for this in advance; I've taken over a month to design a
> process which will cause the least disruption, however cannot guarantee
> 100% disruption free.
>
> If you have any questions, or are seeing difficulties in the next week or
> so PLEASE GET IN TOUCH. I am available all day Sunday by email (
> [email protected]) while I conduct the migration, and will be
> in the office on Monday (so you can get me via phone there if it is urgent).
>
> Regards,
> Tom (ErrantX)
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org

Reply via email to