On 15 February 2010 09:23, Cormac Lawler <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 26 January 2010 00:22, Andrew Turvey <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Do you think these are worthwhile things to spend our money on? Is there
>> anything else you think should be added to the list?
>
>
> Thanks for this Andrew,
> I think that, in addition to the GLAM sector outreach (which I definitely
> think is worthwhile), we should be considering outreach into the educational
> sector also. Previous initiatives have centred on Wikipedia Academies [1],
> [2] - which I think would be useful to introduce to a UK audience (or
> audiences). This has so far been aimed at higher education/academia - but we
> could also be addressing schools in various ways (and for both teachers and
> students). Personally, I think this would be a more UK-specific use of funds
> than the usability initiative - though I don't know what ideas you had for
> that. (Hmm, see: *)
> I know we have a schools project [3] - has anything concrete been done so
> far? (Eek! I've only just now realised there's a specific mailing list for
> the project!)

Some work has been done on the schools project, but it seems to have
stalled recently. If someone were to volunteer to organise it, rather
than the already busy board doing it, then it would probably move much
faster (hint, hint!). There is about £1000 allocated to it that needs
to be spent in the next 6 months.

I agree about more UK-specific spending, but without more volunteers
we can't actually spend it. We're now in the position of having lots
of money, but insufficient time. You need both time and money to do
stuff.

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org

Reply via email to