We've been invited to a conference in Birmingham this Thursday and are urgently 
seeking anyone who may be able to go along and is able to speak on Wikimedia's 
perspective. 

The conference is called "Digital Treasures" and is being organised by the 
museum sector. It's a very important event for us as we're currently developing 
our links with the museum sector through Britain Loves Wikipedia, the GLAM-WIKI 
conference and various content release discussions so we need someone who will 
be able to represent Wikimedia. 

It's next Thursday 26th November - the conference is from 10am to 5:30pm and 
our session is 1:30 - 2:30 pm. Travel costs will of course be paid by the 
chapter. 

Not exactly Italy I know! ;) Please let me know if you're able to help or if 
not or need any more information, or if you have any ideas for who else could 
do it. 

Cheers 

----- Forwarded Message ----- 
From: "Michael Peel" <[email protected]> 
To: "[email protected] WMUK Board" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Saturday, 7 November, 2009 16:54:56 GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, 
Portugal 
Subject: [WMUK Board] Fwd: 'Our Hidden Treasures' conference 26th November in 
West Midlands 

See below. Sounds like a very good opportunity to talk about what 
Wikipedia can do to help archives. Is anyone able to go? (I'll go if 
no-one else can, but I should really be focusing on my thesis...) 

Mike 

Begin forwarded message: 

> From:*** 
> Date: 6 November 2009 13:45:39 GMT 
> To: "Michael Peel" <[email protected]> 
> Subject: 'Our Hidden Treasures' conference 26th November in West 
> Midlands 
> 
> Hi Mike, 
> 
> I just wanted to let you know about a conference on digitising 
> archives and using their content on the net that is happening later 
> this month. I have spoken to the conference organisers and they are 
> very keen for someone from Wikipedia to come along and possibly 
> even sit on a panel discussion about financing models and 
> repurposing content. Other speakers at the conference include Tony 
> Ageh, Ed Vaizey and someone from Microsoft. Let me know if you’re 
> interested and I’ll put you in touch with the conference organisers. 
> 
> Cheers, 
> Katie 

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org

Reply via email to