2009/3/17 AndrewRT <[email protected]>: > Tom, > > Thanks for your response here. > > Any member/s representing more than 5% of total membership (i.e. one > person at the moment) can propose a resolution for the AGM. The Board > is duty bound to circulate it. However, as special resolutions require > notice, they cannot be amended after a discussion at the AGM. The > exact text must be put as stated in the notice and will only pass if > it receives 75% support. Without the Board's support the chance of a > special resolution passing is, frankly, remote.
I can't find where it says about the notice requirements, so I can't verify this, but I think as long as the proposed amendment is included in the notice there shouldn't be a problem. I would request that a statement of mine be included with the notice (I think that has the same 5% requirement) explaining my reasons (I can supply that tomorrow, it will be heavily based on my above email). > You need to decide how you want your resolution to be worded. If you > actually want it to pass, I think you should take on board people's > concerns and reword it. You're not asking me to reword it, you are asking me to completely change it. > The Board has suggested a compromise - preventing the Board from > unilaterally withdrawing from the Agreement. As already pointed out, > any amendment would require WMF approval. As I've explained, that proposal is a complete non-starter. The proposal to restrict terminating it or amending it to remove the fundamental trademark portion is a better option and I suggest someone propose that as an amendment. I still prefer my option since I'm yet to be convinced that there will be able changes so urgent they can't wait until the next AGM. _______________________________________________ Wikimedia UK mailing list [email protected] http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org
