Personally, I think a meeting in a pub or even a pub room gives a very different impression to a meeting in a university room, and we need to bear that in mind. Imagine giving a presentation or holding hustings.
Although we're only small now, I hope this is the start of something big. I say let's start as we mean to go on! On Mar 8, 12:42 am, David Gerard <[email protected]> wrote: > 2009/3/8 Thomas Dalton <[email protected]>: > > > Have you looked at non-free venues? A function room in a pub probably > > wouldn't cost all that much, we don't need much more than that. B'ham > > is better located than Manchester. > > Function rooms in pubs are frequently free if you ask nicely. > Certainly WMUK v1 never paid for use of the function room of whatever > that pub was in Borough. > > - d. > > _______________________________________________ > Wikimedia UK mailing list > [email protected]http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l > WMUK:http://uk.wikimedia.org _______________________________________________ Wikimedia UK mailing list [email protected] http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org
