2009/2/18 Michael Peel <[email protected]>: > If you're interested in going to schools, then you may find that the > schools are willing to cover the travel costs etc. in exchange for a > good educational session.
Schools have very limited funds, I think they would be far more interested in having us visit if we paid for it ourselves. > Something else to factor in, though, is the development of the > session content and any necessary materials. That can of course be > done on a volunteer basis, but it all depends on how ambitious the > sessions are, and whether e.g. a laptop and/or a projector needs to > be purchased (although nowadays most schools can provide those, I > guess). I think pretty much all schools can supply the necessary hardware. Putting together visual aids and whatever else is required can probably be done by volunteers. > Also, would the wikimedians going be paid for their time, or would > they have to volunteer it? If you pay for their time, then you tend > to get a lot more people interested in doing a session... If we have the money, there is no reason we can't pay people, but I would expect we can get enough volunteers. We could probably throw in lunch... _______________________________________________ Wikimedia UK mailing list [email protected] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
