Congratulations for this Rwandan new user group.

But, as a lover of my French language and a defender of Francophonie, I was
a little sad to read "*that the group aim [...] to promote free and open
access to knowledge locally in Kinyarwanda & English*" understanding in
that sentence (I hope I'm wrong) that the government of Rwanda's policy of
eradicating the French language has succeeded even within Wikimedian
projects...

Thierry


Le jeu. 10 févr. 2022 à 09:44, Camelia Boban <[email protected]> a
écrit :

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm very happy to announce that the Affiliations Committee has recognized
> [1] *Wikimedia Community User Group* *Rwanda *[2] as a Wikimedia User
> Group. The group aims to improve articles on Wikimedia Foundation project
> websites and promote free and open access to knowledge locally in
> Kinyarwanda & English. They also invest in projects that sensitize and
> train different communities in Rwanda about Wikipedia with much emphasis on
> Kinyarwanda Wikipedia*.*
>
> Please join me in congratulating the members of this new user group!
>
> [1]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Rwanda
>
> [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Rwanda
>
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
> *Camelia Boban*
> *Chair*
>
> *Affiliation <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee>*
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list -- [email protected], guidelines
> at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l
> Public archives at
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/message/MFA2FLU676R43VFKRHHEW6X63M6LOBXI/
> To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list -- [email protected], guidelines at: 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l
Public archives at 
https://lists.wikimedia.org/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/message/NVYHNZUMWPCK5VW4ROM6QFENZKG3L3MM/
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to