I think this CC-4 licensing would allow for 1) sharing, 2) adapting, but 3)
non-commercially. At least this is what I learned when I was in
communication a number of times with the MIT associate *dean* of
digital *learning
Cecilia d'Oliveira *at the time about sharing CC-4 licensed MIT
OpenCourseWare now in 5 languages (re WUaS). Would this indeed be the case
for Wikimedia resources?

Cheers, Scott


On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 4:15 PM, Denny Vrandečić <[email protected]>
wrote:

> About one and a half years ago, there was a consultation process about
> updating the Wikimedia Terms of Use to move from CC 3.0 to 4.0 licenses.
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_use/Creative_Commons_4.0
>
> I would like to ask what the status of this proposal is, and whom to bother
> to get this unstuck in case it is stuck.
>
> Cheers,
> Denny
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Wikimedia-l
> New messages to: [email protected]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>




-- 

-- 
- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch
- World University and School
- http://worlduniversityandschool.org
- http://scottmacleod.com

- CC World University and School - like CC Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
CC OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l
New messages to: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, 
<mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>

Reply via email to