That looks somewhat misleading. Who is making the claim? Cheers, Peter -----Original Message----- From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Anthony Cole Sent: 15 April 2018 14:56 To: Wikimedia Mailing List Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] The fact-checked encyclopedia
Link to a screen-shot of the ad: https://instagram.com/p/Bhl01fhhXHT/ On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 at 8:53 pm, Anthony Cole <[email protected]> wrote: > I just googled “wikipedia” and the first result was a Google ad linking to > wikipedia.org.[1] It calls Wikipedia the fact-checked encyclopedia. We used > to call it the encyclopedia anyone can edit. The latter seems more honest > than this new formulation which to me implies a degree of reliability and > oversight I'm not sure we can ethically assert. I missed the discussion > about this new self-description. Did it happen on meta? Is anyone else > uncomfortabe with this? > -- > Anthony Cole > > -- Anthony Cole _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l New messages to: [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe> --- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG. http://www.avg.com _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l New messages to: [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
