On 14 June 2017 at 15:57, Faidon Liambotis <[email protected]> wrote:
> The EOTK stuff are interesting but not really an option for us -- they
> rely on a edge (nginx) server performing content manipulation blindly,
> which is a bad idea for many reasons, security amongst them.
>
Hi again Faidon!
I'd love to know more about the security issues in particular. Do please
tell?
However, it hasn't been a priority for me or my team for these reasons:
> - As long as communities feel so-and-so about Tor overall, and e.g.
> block edits from Tor users, it's hard to justify us in the Foundation
> investing more time into it,
Concur.
I would love to know more about what you see as the inhibitors - especially
so that I can go fix them for the internet-community-at-large - however
this decision is one for the Wikipedia community to take.
I'll still happily help if you decide "yes", but WMF should make and own
the decision.
-a
ps: reminder, I'd love to know more about the security issues. :-)
--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l
New messages to: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
<mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>