Well "fair use" applies, but if the amount of content used goes beyond fair use than it needs to be indicated that the content is under an open license.
J On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:32 AM, The Cunctator <[email protected]> wrote: > I've been a bit out of the loop on this for a while, so please be kind to > the oldbie - what's current Wikimedia policy on adaptive reuse of Wikipedia > content into non-free publications? > > E.g. Graphiq > https://www.graphiq.com/terms-and-conditions > http://colleges.startclass.com/l/1929/Harvard-University > > and Google > https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/ > https://www.google.com/search?q=harvard+university > > I recognize that Google gives Wikimedia a lot of money, even if the > foundation isn't very transparent about that, but I'd think that doesn't > free the company from following CC BY-SA. > _______________________________________________ > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/ > wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/ > wiki/Wikimedia-l > New messages to: [email protected] > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, > <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe> -- James Heilman MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l New messages to: [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
