I agree with Chris too! Thank you Chris! Aubrey. Il 13/gen/2016 22:32 "Shabab Mustafa" <[email protected]> ha scritto:
> And "thank you" Fæ, for brining this up! [pun intended] [sarcasm alert] > [weapons down] > > Pardon my poor sense of humour, but I couldn't resist! :P > > I believe "thank you" and "please" are magic words, specially in voluntary > works. I agree with Chris. > On Jan 13, 2016 5:11 PM, "Fæ" <[email protected]> wrote: > > > TL;DR > > Can anyone suggest of a better way of publicly logging thanks, hellos > > & goodbyes for our public email lists? > > > > BACKGROUND > > Wikimedia lists are probably unique in the number of emails over a > > year which 'thankspam'. For example there is a pattern set that an > > awful lot of chapter representatives send public welcomes and goodbyes > > without conveying any new information. Sometimes when my email > > notifier shows about ten of these on the same day, I've made the > > effort to block that thread, I don't know of a way of specifically > > muting the notifications for these types of emails on my mobile phone. > > > > Though everyone could chose to send these privately rather than making > > a public statement, I understand the motivation for "us too"s to be > > noticed by others who are not the intended 'thanked'. On email lists > > something like ensuring thank email subject lines have a formulaic > > part of the title would help, so that readers can choose to mute them; > > equivalent to marking "minor" or "bot" edits on our projects so they > > don't get flagged in recent changes. > > > > This thought stirred by Ad's email, but not against the sentiment he > > was aiming for. > > > > PS For those that recall my meta thanks reports, I hope to get this > > online again soon once a related phabricator task is resolved. > > > > Fae > > > > On 13 January 2016 at 09:21, Ad Huikeshoven <[email protected]> wrote: > > ... > > > I failed to welcome incoming directors to the board of the Wikimedia > > > Foundation and I failed to thank outgoing directors of the same board > for > > > the time and effort they have spent. > > > > > > - that you are sorry about the harm/damage/waste/confusion your > > mistake > > > caused (being specific would demonstrate understanding); > > > > > > I'm sorry for this unpolite and rude behavior. > > ... > > -- > > [email protected] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Fae > > > > _______________________________________________ > > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines > > New messages to: [email protected] > > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, > > <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe> > _______________________________________________ > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines > New messages to: [email protected] > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, > <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe> _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines New messages to: [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
