On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Chris Keating <[email protected]> wrote: > To me, "Hello" and "Thank you" are quite under-used words on this list (in > the movement generally but particularly here) so I would prefer we didn't > rule these emails out. > > After all, if we remove pile-on positive threads that contain little > information then pile-on negative threads with equally little information > will probably still remain.
Although I am quite rarely sending "thank you" messages (OK, it's not just "quite rarely", as I sent it once and it was privately to Cary Bass), I tend to agree with Chris. This list is quite tough and it's nice to see thanking and welcoming threads, no matter if I am not reading them. As sending those messages is quite controllable -- meaning that people from WMF/chapters/similar structures are doing that, I think simple addition into the subject line like "[notification]" would allow those who don't like to filter such messages. -- Milos _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines New messages to: [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
