On 11/09/14 18:42, Ilario Valdelli wrote:
On 11.09.2014 20:06, James Forrester wrote:
On 11 September 2014 10:52, Ilario Valdelli <[email protected]> wrote:

Against the funds of WMF.

A second conference open to the public would be a second yearly Wikimania,
and to open it means to have a budget more or less equal to Wikimania.

Indeed, which is why we keep asking for the name to stop being a lie.

J.

Considering it a lie is an extreme evaluation in my opinion.

In Wikimedia conference there are chapters (~40) and user groups (~15). At the start it was called "chapters conference", now it's called Wikimedia Conference because it's more open.

In my opinion it's not a problem to call it again "chapters conference".

To participate it's sufficient to be "representative of a group", not only of himself.

Considering the principle of "delegation", it may be considered a Wikimedia Conference.

Regards


I'm part of the Wikimedia movement, but there are no chapters nearby, nor are there any user groups that I know of relevant to my interests as yet. Thus there is nobody to represent me but myself.

If this is Wikimedia, why can't I go to a Wikimedia conference?

-I

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, 
<mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>

Reply via email to