On 29 April 2013 10:21, Abbas Mahmood <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi Christophe, > >> From: [email protected] >> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:07:45 +0200 >> To: [email protected] >> CC: [email protected] >> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Resignation announcement, and a parting remark >> to everyone >> As I said in my previous email: >> * Most of the chapters should go through the GAC first, to get used >> with a formal process > Uhm, isn't this what is already happening? All those who are eligible for FDC > funding have already gone through the normal Grants Program a multiple times.
Not all, and many only for project grants not for operations grants (like part time accounting). This is a flaw of how the process is perceive I think. >> * We need the first employee/office space budget being a specific GAC >> or FDC process (there's pros and cons in having one or the other >> handling it). Because let's be honest, the actual FDC process is way >> to heavy for those needs and the GAC is not meant to handle such >> requests > > I'm sorry I don't understand that "you need a specific GAC process..." Do you > mind rephrasing? > Thanks,Abbas. GAC is not able to provide grant for a full time employee right now. The only way to get funds for that first employee is through the FDC. Which, as I said earlier, is a really heavy process. That being said, GAC can already provide funds for external contractors on specific tasks, like accounting. Is my rephrasing better? :s -- Christophe _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
