Not sure, but I think it's the principle of least /astonishment/ - which may be an important difference...
Richard Symonds Wikimedia UK 0207 065 0992 Disclaimer viewable at http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Email_disclaimer Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk On 13 June 2012 21:30, David Gerard <[email protected]> wrote: > I was looking over old discussions, and wondered: who originally came > up with the notion that the "principle of least surprise" should apply > to educational content? If it existed before Wikimedia, who introduced > it to the image filter discussion, on what rationale? > > [Personally I think it's an inanity - an education that doesn't turn > your head upside down might as well be basket weaving - and it's too > easily applied to shocking and outrageous concepts that children > shouldn't be exposed to, like homosexuality or rights for minorities - > but I could of course be convinced I'm wrong.] > > > - d. > > _______________________________________________ > Wikimedia-l mailing list > [email protected] > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l > _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
