Hey Hisham,
               It would be awesome if you could, every wednesday, send out
a reminder about it :)

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Hisham <[email protected]> wrote:

> cross-posting to reach pan-community; apologies if you received it from
> other mailing lists already
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> One of the essential things that India Program needs to constantly work
> out is keeping the community informed of the work that we are doing - so
> that this work is clearer but also to help cross-pollinate ideas amongst a
> wider set of community members who might not have been engaged on specific
> village pump / talk page discussion or involved in particular activities
> (e.g. outreach events) or wikiprojects.
>
> We used to have a monthly IRC with the community and India Program.   (For
> those who are not familiar with IRC, it is an Internet messaging system
> similar to a regular chat room.  It's very simple to use and you can join
> in by clicking on the following link:
> http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#wikimedia-office.)  I have been
> remiss in conducting these for the past few months - and I'd like to make
> amends by restarting, with a couple of modifications.
>
> a) I'd like to propose fortnightly instead of monthly.  (I was wary of
> doing it any more frequently than monthly earlier because I didn't know if
> there would be enough on the plate to discuss.  I have changed my mind now
> - because there is too much to discuss to cover in a single monthly
> session.)  I'd like to propose that we do it in the 1st and 3rd Thursdays
> of every month at 9pm IST (which is GMT + 0530) - THOUGH NOT THIS MONTH -
> BECAUSE I HAVE MISSED THE TIMELINE.  Just for March, we will do it on March
> 15th and March 29th (both at 9pm IST which is GMT + 0530)
> b) I'd like to propose that we do it focussed on specific work streams
> instead of general.  The reason I say this is that - as with many community
> meet-ups, folks will give time to attend a meet-up or participate in an IRC
> only if there is a topic of relevance to them.  To that extent, we could do
> one IRC on Indic languages and one on Outreach & Communications.  I'd start
> both the IRCs with a re-cap of India Programs activities for the fortnight
> (or so) prior to the IRC and forward from the IRC - and then we could talk
> about either Indic langauges or Outreach & Communications.
>
> The March 15th one will be focussed on Indic Languages and the one on
> March 29th will be on Outreach & Communications.
>
> Having said that, there is quite a bit of overlap on these topics - so
> feel free to join both.  The more the merrier! Please do also invite anyone
> who is interested to know more about India Program or - even more
> importantly - interact with fellow Wikimedians interested in a particular
> activity to join in.  (It's quite a lot of of fun {citation required} - and
> i've heard a rumour {citation required} that there was actually a romance
> that started on one of the IRCs...)
>
> As always, the logs will be put up on 
> meta<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/India_Program/meetings> for
> the benefit of those who can't attend and for the record.
>
> I'll send a reminder on the day of the session and one 30 minutes before
> the session.
>
> Thanks
>
> *hisham*
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-in-blr mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-in-blr
>
>


-- 
Vikram Kamath
#401, Vinyas Renaissance,
Jnanabharati Main Road,
Bangalore 560072
Phone: 9036823513/08023390047
Email: [email protected]
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-in-blr mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-in-blr

Reply via email to