I have given this subject a lot of thought, and I have came up with a ratio 
of 10X.    For instance, in the 60's a hamburger cost a quarter.    Today it is 
about $2.50.   Bottle of pop, a dime.    Today it is a dollar.  Minimum wage 
dollar and a quarter, today it is around $12.50.   Gallon of gas 30 cents, 
today it is at least $3.00, maybe a little more.   Economy car 2 grand in the 
60's.   Today most economy cars are around 20 grand.
I take note when people walk in front of Foley's market, and I find most of the 
prices in his window about what they were in the 60's.   Oh, for the good old 
days when things were cheap, and no one had any money to buy that cheap stuff.

Orville Hendricks - Mount Pilot Butter and Egg Man







_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.wbmutbb.com/

Reply via email to