Whilst viewing "Opie's Drugstore Job" this weekend, I noticed, in the epilogue, 
that there's a touch of Barney, even though Barney himself is not present!  
When Goober is talking to Andy, the music played on Goob's exit is actually 
Barney's theme!  (The alternating minor/major third motif played at erratic 
speed).  

Perhaps Goob was turning into Barn, or more likely, was showing 'traces' of the 
Fife genes (Calvin Fife?).  I prefer to think it was the subtle way of saying 
that there's no replacing Barn, and he was/is sorely missed!

Makes ya thank! :-)

Over and Under,
Clyde "Barn"

--------------------
Epilogue
Andy is sitting in the courthouse looking through some files when Goober walks 
in. He's holding his stomach and Andy asks whats wrong. Goober:Oh a little 
indigestion I think? Andy:Did ya eat somethin' that didn't agree with ya? 
Goober:Not really, I had Opie make me a sundae with a pickle on it instead of a 
cherry! Goober: He gave me the idea the other day so I thought I'd try it. 
Andy:A pickle? Goober:Yeah, although he said it was a mistake I think he was 
just thinkin' ahead. You know changes; new taste sensations. Andy:On a 
strawberry sundae? Goober:Yeah, you know sooner or later somethin's bound to 
take the place of cherry's, maybe pickles ain't the answer, could be olives but 
at least let the younger generation have their say! Goober then starts to walk 
behind Andy holding his stomach. Andy just sits there with a perplexed look on 
his face.

_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/

Reply via email to